Co-urbanism event in Vilnius, Lithuania, 07-08 April 2017
This annual event brings together active residents, urban activists, designers and architects, municipal workers, representatives of NGO sector and governmental organisations - active in the Baltic Sea Region, to share their approaches and cases in participatory urban development and cultural regeneration of public spaces and neighbourhoods.
Our list of our confirmed speakers for 07April includes:
- Jekaterina Lavrinec (Laimikis.lt, Vilnius), Co-urbanism 2o17: participatory approaches in urban regeneration. Intro;
- Albertas Kazlauskas (GatvEs Gyvos, Vilnius), Discover and ChangE;
- Tomas S. Butkus (Vario Burnos, Vilnius), "Universe Minor" - Spatial Education Workshop for Children;
- Vita GelUniene & Ed Carroll (Blue Drummers, Kaunas), A Pseudo Civic Project by Pseudo Artists or What Happens When Hands are Growing From Their Arse But Still They Want To Brag;
- Eugenijus Kaminskis & Ieva Nagyte (Kurk Lietuvai!). Creative placemaking in Lithuania: challenges and opportunities;
- Jonas Büchel (Urban Institute in Riga). The miracle power of smallest communities and challenged territories;
- Rasa Chmieliauskait? & Justinas Kalinauskas (TEKA ,Kaunas). TEKA riverbank revival - City and the River;
- Joginte Bučinskaite (Vilnius). Sculptural Ventriloquism in the Age of Marginalized Cultural Media;
- Ruta Matoniene (Urban Development Department, Vilnius city administration). Regeneration of public spaces in residential areas;
- Adele Dovydavičiute (Open House Vilnius). "Open House Vilnius - opening eyes, minds and doors"
- Kaspars Lielgalvis (Totaldobže Art Centre, Riga). Totaldobže Art Centre in empty buildings of Riga and Liepaja;
- Agnia Asanovich (Minsk). Urban game Playhellocity - 52 ideas of how to liven up your city;
- Aleksandra Nenko (Arts4City, St. Peterburg), ARTS4CITY: Soft Technologies of Urban Culture Development in St. Petersburg;
- Dovile Gaužauskiene (Vilnius college of Design, Kaunas): Design antennas - creative impulses for regions;
- Renata Domeikaite (Miesto Laboratorija, Vilnius): Challenges in creating green community education center;
- Evelina Šimkute (Šilainiai Photo, Kaunas): Šilainiai project: Connecting people and places through art.
On a lighter note, in addition to the Seminar, on the 08th of April (12.00 – 13.40), everyone is invited to take part in the Urbingo game which was developed by Laimikis.lt as a matrix/tool for activating the interest in the rapidly changing neighbourhoods and their stories, and encouraging citizen participation in gathering the valuable empirical data on the material culture of the changing neighbourhood.
Special editions of the game have been created for several European cities, but the version for Šnipiskes was the first one co-designed by the Laimikis.lt urban group (c).
The event is open to the public.
Venue: Conference Hall at Swedbankas, Konstitucijos ave. 20A
Game: Dragon’s field, Krokuvos / Giedraičiu streets.
For more information about the event, game and the event's speakers see links below:
The Co-urbanism Forum is open to the public.